|Home > Enneagram for Therapists
Continuing education units
The Enneagram for therapists, counselors and coaches
Transform your practice with the Enneagram
Download a flyer>
The Enneagram is one of the most powerful clinical tools available to
enhance your therapy process or coaching practice. With its accurate descriptions of nine unique personality
types, the Enneagram embraces all traditions and works well with virtually all forms and
schools of therapy and change. Our trainings in the Narrative Tradition provide therapists
and counselors with a deep self-understanding that enhances your ability to work with others.
You will learn:
- How to quickly assess clients by identifying core personality issues
- Effective life-changing strategies and interventions for each personality type
- The keys to each type’s core motivation, driving energy and organization of attention
- A fundamental basis for working with personal suffering, character structure, core
adaptive strategies, transference and counter-transference
- Insights about how and why your clients think, feel, and physically experience reality
- Practices for individuals and couples to build upon their key strengths and resolve relationship issues and life challenges through spiritual and psychological development
We teach in the Narrative Tradition of the Enneagram types speaking for themselves, often in panel format, as a starting point to understand the path of healing, development, and ultimately the integration of psychological life with the spiritual qualities of being. In this way, the therapist can experience directly the difficulties and strengths of each type that can then be used in the therapy session. Also, we provide the therapist and counselor with a deep self-understanding that builds the ability to work with counter-transference and better “walk the talk.” Our courses also include guided meditations, self-observation practices, movement exercises, guided interactions and small group exercises to create a powerful, living experience of oneself and others.
Continuing education units
Our five-day program, The Enneagram Intensive is pre-approved for 42 hours of Continuing Education credits (CEUs) for LEPs, MFTs and LCSWs through the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Deepening Spiritual Awareness and The Typing Process each grant 22 CE hours (44 hours total for the week). Contact us to learn more.
Many of our other Enneagram workshops also offer CEUs, depending on the length of the program. Contact us to learn more.
Read more about the Enneagram for counselors, spiritual directors and people who work with others.
See current schedule for our other Enneagram programs by date
Tour the nine Enneagram types
Key themes of the Enneagram types
The Enneagram and Spirituality