|Home > Enneagram Workshops > The Typing Process
The Typing Process
April 19-21, Cincinnati, OH
August 19-21, Menlo Park, CA
Check back for other dates to be announced.
This course is offered as a stand-alone professional training or the last three days of Section 2 of the Enneagram Professional Training Program for teacher certification.
This powerful, in-depth training provides a hands-on learning experience on how to conduct typing interviews and to assist others in determining their Enneagram type through inquiry. This training brings a deep and compassionate understanding of – and respect for – the complexity of each Enneagram type. You also will learn the keys to differentiating one type from another, and how to conduct panels in the Narrative Tradition.
This workshop is designed for coaches, therapists, spiritual directors, teachers, business leaders and others who wish to deepen their knowledge of the Enneagram and use it as a tool in their professional lives.
The training methods will include:
• Short panels of each Enneagram type
• Practice sessions on type interviewing, panel leadership and self-observation
• Type group exercises
• Typing process lectures and demonstrations
• Script development and practice interviews with volunteers
Upon completion of the Typing Process training, participants should understand the scope and process of typing, including how to:
- Form rapport and introduce the typing process
- Identify the key words, phrases and concepts that are associated with each Enneagram type (have a set of key themes or words in mind)
- Formulate questions that express the key words, phrases and concepts of each type
- Develop a comprehensive strategy or protocol for typing interviews
- Use key questions to make the distinction between look-alike types
- Validate tentative conclusions about an interviewee’s type by checking the wings, stress and security types, and giving a synopsis
- Identify the non-verbal cues associated with each type
- Describe how the influence of type can bias the typing the typing process
The three-day course is pre-approved for 22 hours of Continuing Education credits (CEUs) for MFTs, LCSWs and LEPs through the California Board of Behavioral Sciences and by the National Board of Certified Counselors.
Cincinnati, OH, April 19-21, 2013
Instructor: Peter O'Hanrahan
Schedule: 8:30 am Friday, April 19 to 4 pm Sunday, April 21
Location: The Centennial Barn
Contact: Tracy Colina at 866-366-8973 (toll-free in the U.S.) to register or Enneagram Center of the Ohio Valley at 513-723-5054 for logistics.
Download a brochure>
Download a registration form>
NOTE: This is a non-residential commuter program. Meals are included.
A $500 deposit per program is required to secure space.
Early-bird: Register by March 19, 2013 (save $100): $720
Full-time student (student ID required): $620
Register after March 19, 2013: $820
Full-time student (student ID required): $720
Menlo Park, CA, August 19-21, 2013
Instructors: David Daniels and Peter O'Hanrahan
Schedule: 8:30 am Monday, August 20 to 4 pm Wednesday, August 22
Location: Vallombrosa Center, 250 Oak Grove Ave., Menlo Park, CA
Contact: Tracy Colina at 866-366-8973 (toll-free in the U.S.) or 513-829-3457 (from outside the U.S.)
Download a registration form>
NOTE: Residential prices below include a double room and all meals (single rooms are available for an additional fee). Commuter prices include lunches and dinners.
A $500 deposit is required to secure space.
1st early-bird discount - register by June 10 and save $100
Residential: $1115 (add $90 for single room)
Full-time student with ID/Residential: $990 (add $90 for single room)
Full-time student with ID/Commuter: $825
2nd early-bird discount - register by June 25 and save $50
Residential: $1840 (add $150 for single room)
Full-time student with ID/Residential: $1690 (add $150 for single room)
Full-time student with ID/Commuter: $1410
Register after June 26
Residential: $1215 (add $90 for single room)
Full-time student with ID/Residential: $1090 (add $90 for single room)
Full-time student with ID/Commuter: $925